Do you have an opinion on what has been reported here. If so add your voice to what is happening in our Community.

Read more...

Skeffling Community Website. Parish Council. Parish Plan. Agenda & Minutes. Documents. Councillors. History.

Why not share this page

with your friends

 

 

| More

Skeffling Parish Council

Agenda

 

For meeting to be held on 4th September 2007

 

 1.   Minutes of meetings held on 7th August 2007

 2.   Matters arising

 3.   Declaration of Interest  -  The Parish Councils (Model Code of Conduct) order 2001.  To record any declarations of interest by any Member in respect of items on this agenda.

 4.   Code of Conduct 2007

 5.   Environment Agency

 6.   Correspondence

 7.   Public Speaking

 

Skeffling Parish Council

Minutes

 

Minutes of Meeting held on 4th September 2007

 

Those present:  Cllr. M. Turnbull, Chairman

Cllr. P. Payne Vice-Chairman

Cllr. L. Payne

Cllr. S. Rollinson

Cllr. J. F. Robinson

Cllr. R. Newsam

 

Apologies:         Cllr. J. Sizer

 

Members of the public:  4

 

Minutes of meeting held on 10th July 2007

 

The minutes were accepted as an accurate account.

Proposed:   Cllr. L. Payne

Seconded:  Cllr. S. Rollinson

Vote: carried unanimously

 

Matters Arising

The planning application for Winsett's Farm has been approved. (07/03953/STPLF)

 

The meeting with Mike Ball took place on 31st August.  He wanted to see what our problems were with the sewerage plant and if this had any relevance to the recent flooding.  Mr. Ball will organise a meeting with Yorkshire Water to put our case forward.

 

Cllr. R. Newsam and Cllr. Peter Payne met with Karen Wood on the 28th August to discuss the Parish Plan.  She outlined the process and the various stages to be gone through before the Parish Plan could be accepted.  The first step will be to organise an open public meeting to explain why we need a Parish Plan and the process we need to go through.  A steering group of 7 members, to include 1 or 2 councillors, will be set up.  Members of the steering group will be required to use their individual skills to do any necessary research, and other administrative work. The members of the Steering Group will have to be prepared to donate a lot of their time and talents to the project. Initially the steering group will be required to devise a detailed questionnaire to be completed by parishioners.  From this they will compile a report accompanied with a draft Parish Plan to present to Skeffling Parish Council.  The Parish Plan will cover the next 10 years, to the year 2016.

 

Cllr. R. Newsam has discussed the notice board with Keith Fearnley who is to make it.  The cost will be approximately £150.  The Council will be responsible for glazing it.  It was agreed to measure and decide the appropriate size.

 

Declaration of Interest

There were no declarations of interest.

 

Code of Conduct 2007

It was agreed that the Council will adopt the Code of Conduct 2007 in its entirety.

Proposed:   Cllr. J. F. Robinson

Seconded:  Cllr. P. Payne

Vote:  carried unanimously

 

Environment Agency

During the meeting with Mike Ball he was asked whether the flooding problem would have been alleviated if the dyke from the west of the village around the back of Stothard's field had been cleaned.  Cllr. J. F. Robinson suggested that the dyke should  be cleaned by the Environment Agency as they are the land owners.  He has contacted Helen Richardson of the Environment Agency regarding ownership of the land.  She agreed to enquire about their responsibility to keep the dyke cleaned, and will let Cllr. J. F. Robinson know if the responsibility is the Environment Agency's.    There is a holstock about half way along the dyke and a crossing over the dyke. This area appeared to be higher than the rest of the dyke.  Cllr. J. F. Robinson has cleaned some of this section out which lowered the water level by 9 inches.  This part of the dyke needs to be repaired or removed completely as it is currently covered by a piece of rotting plywood and is dangerous.

It was agreed that Councillors walk the village in preparation for Streetscene on 17th September at 9am.

 

Correspondence

The only correspondence were items to be read and noted for information by the Councillors.  A new folder was started.

 

Public Speaking

Mrs. Parsonage reported that the drain at the bottom of Chapel Lane is full of debris and needs cleaning.  It was agreed that this be put on the Streetscene review list.

 

The meeting closed at 8.15 p.m.

 

Date of next meeting:   6th November 2007

Top.