Do you have an opinion on what has been reported here. If so add your voice to what is happening in our Community.

Read more...

Skeffling Community Website. Parish Council. Parish Plan. Agenda & Minutes. Documents. Councillors. History.

Why not share this page

with your friends

 

 

| More

Skeffling Parish Council

Agenda

 

For meeting to be held on 7th October 2008

 

 1.   Minutes of meetings held on 5th August and 2nd September 2008

 2.   Matters arising

 3.   Declaration of Interest  -  The Parish Councils (Model Code of Conduct) order 2001.  To record any declarations of interest by any Member in respect of items on this agenda.

 4.   Village Hall lease

 5.   Winsett’s Footpath

 6.   Audit Commission

 7.   Major Acre

 8.   Dykes & Drains

 9.   Flood Defences

10.   Parish Plan

11.   Preparation discussion for Precept 2009/2010

12.   Correspondence

13.   Public Speaking

 

Skeffling Parish Council

Minutes

 

Minutes of Meeting held on 7th October 2008

 

Those present:  Cllr. M. Turnbull, Chairman

Cllr. L. Payne Vice-Chairman

Cllr. P. Payne

Cllr. R. Newsam

Cllr. J. Sizer

Cllr. J. F. Robinson

 

Apologies:         Cllr. S. Rollinson

 

Members of the public:  2

 

Minutes of meeting held on 5 August  2008

 

The minutes were accepted as accurate.

Proposed:   Cllr. M. Turnbull

Seconded:  Cllr. P. Payne

Vote: carried unanimously

 

Minutes of meeting held on 2nd September 2008

 

The meeting was cancelled as there were not enough members to form a quorum.

 

Matters Arising

There were nothing to report under this item as the last meeting was cancelled. All relevant items are on the Agenda.

 

Declaration of Interest

Cllr. R. Newsam declared an interest in Item 5 on the Agenda relating to Winsett's Footpath.

 

Village Hall Lease

The Lease has now been agreed and is ready to send to Andrew Cooney of Lockings for completion.  He will draw up the Lease and the Trust Deed.

 

Winsett's Footpath

Cllr. R. Newsam took no part in the discussion. Winsett's Footpath is a restricted Byway.  A judgement has been received from the Planning Inspectorate regarding the objection made to the footpath being redirected and therefore bypassing the farmyard. The Ramblers Association's complaint was that the redirected path was only 3 metres wide and should be 4 metres wide. They went to the Planning Inspectorate and asked them to make a decision on this. Unfortunately, they could not confirm this.  Cllr. M. Turnbull has spoken to Debbie Wessleby who promised to look at the redirection.  The land owner had no objection to the path being redirected to a width of 4 metres. A decision from the Planning Inspectorate should be received in two weeks time as to whether it will be redirected or remain as it is.  This will depend on the land owner providing the necessary paperwork to the Planning Inspectorate.

 

Audit Commission

A cheque for  £158.35p. has been sent to the Audit Commission in respect of the Audit fee for 2007/2008.  They disagreed with our argument that the extra income was because of various Grants received.  The advice was that in future any additional  audit fees be factored into the precept should a grant be applied for. There will be no reduction in fees if the income of the Council exceeds the fees table.

 

Major Acre

The Council have decided to take legal advice on this matter and this item will be deferred to the next meeting.

 

Dykes and Drains

The dyke south of Old Hall needs attention.  Some years ago the Council approached the Highways Department  who agreed to share the costs of cleaning the dyke.  The dyke has become silted up again.  Cllr. M. Turnbull will speak to Bayden Sonley about the problem and reach a solution with him.

Mrs. Mason of Chapel Lane is concerned about the dyke opposite her house and up to The Elms. Water is standing and during wet weather  overflows and creates problems.  Highways have agreed we can pipe this dyke.  The pipe was obtained some time ago and it was agreed that it might be possible to deal with both dykes at the same time using local volunteers.

 

Flood Defences

Cllr. M. Turnbull has tried unsuccessfully to contact Andrew Baron to discuss when the work to the sluice gate will be completed.  This is now long overdue and has been postponed twice.

 

Parish Plan

The public open day took place on 4th October.  40 people attended throughout the afternoon and thought the analysis of the results of the questionnaire and the display boards were very professional.  There was a positive feedback and further comments were made, particularly to the section on Transport.  The next step is to put  together a draft Parish Plan for ratification by the Council.  It will probably take 4/6 weeks to prepare the draft.  It is hoped the draft can be put before the Council at the December meeting.  This will mean asking Awards For All for an extension to the deadline as it is unlikely the writing and printing of the document will not be complete by the end of the year.

The Steering Group were very pleased  there was such a good response to the Open Day.  The Parish Plan will make it easier to apply for funding and grants to improve facilities in the village.

 

Preparation discussion for Precept 2009/2010

Councillors were reminded that the Precept will be discussed at the November meeting.  If they have plans for projects to start in the next financial year any costs incurred may have a bearing on the amount of Precept required.  This must include any additional Audit fees which may be incurred.

 

Correspondence

A letter has been received from the Holderness Flood Defence Group asking for a donation of £10/£20 to cover the costs of a clerk.  The amount of administrative work has grown considerably in the past months.  Cllr. M. Turnbull proposed:  "...that we donate £20 towards the funding of a clerk".

Seconded:  Cllr. P. Payne

Vote:  carried unanimously

 

Zurich Insurance

A letter has been received from Zurich Insurance stating that as from January 2009 the name will be changed to Zurich Insurance Ireland Limited (LIIL).  This will not affect our insurance policy in any way.  The paperwork concerning this was put in the folder for Councillors to read.

 

Cllr. P. Payne read an email received by Mrs. Chris Brooke from the police regarding an incident on Main Road.  Mrs. Brooke contacted the police to report a Murphy's lorry had narrowly missed hitting her when he mounted the pavement. The email from the Police referred to their ongoing attempts to calm speeding traffic through the village.  Cllr. M. Turnbull reminded everyone that should an incident occur a record should made of the registration number, the time and date. This can then be reported to the relevant authorities.

 

Planning permission for Mrs. Sanderson of 2 Burstall Villas has been approved.

 

Planning permission for Mr. A. Hall of 2 West View has been approved.

 

The meeting closed at 8.45pm.

 

Date of next meeting  4th November 2008

Top.