Do you have an opinion on what has been reported here. If so add your voice to what is happening in our Community.

Read more...

Skeffling Community Website. Parish Council. Parish Plan. Agenda & Minutes. Documents. Councillors. History.

Why not share this page

with your friends

 

 

| More

Skeffling Parish Council

Agenda

 

For meeting to be held on 4th November 2008

 

 1.   Minutes of meetings held on 7th October 2008

 2.   Matters arising

 3.   Declaration of Interest  -  The Parish Councils (Model Code of Conduct) order 2001.  To record any declarations of interest by any Member in respect of items on this agenda.

 4.   Precept

 5.   Parish Plan - Ratification

 6.   Village Green

 7.   Flood Defences

 8.   Correspondence

 9.   Public Speaking

 

Skeffling Parish Council

Minutes

 

Minutes of Meeting held on 4th November 2008

 

Those present:  Cllr. M. Turnbull, Chairman

Cllr. L. Payne Vice-Chairman

Cllr. P. Payne

Cllr. R. Newsam

Cllr. J. Sizer

Cllr. J. F. Robinson

Cllr. S. Rollinson

 

Members of the public:  2

 

Minutes of meeting held on 7th October  2008

 

The minutes were accepted as accurate.

Proposed:   Cllr. P. Payne

Seconded:  Cllr. J. F. Robinson

Vote: carried unanimously

 

Matters Arising

Dykes and Drains

Cllr. M. Turnbull has spoken to Mr Bayden Sonley regarding the dyke along main road. Mr. Sonley offered his digger free of charge to do the work.  He has also offered to dig out the drain up to The Elms.  Both jobs will be done in the next few weeks when the volunteers are available.

 

Speeding

Regarding the near accident involving Mrs. Chris Brookes, Cllr. M. Turnbull will be attending a meeting in December where he will bring this up for discussion.

 

Winsett's Footpath

There is no further update on this, but the matter is still in hand.

 

Village Hall Lease

The Lease has now been sent to the Solicitor.

 

Declaration of Interest

Cllr. R. Newsam declared an interest in Item 5 on the Agenda relating to Winsett's Footpath.

 

Precept 2009/2010

Following a detailed discussion on Council spending during the past year, it was felt that the Precept should rise by the rate of inflation.  In addition the annual wayleave payment  to Mr. Brian Meadley of £150 plus inflation should be added to the final total.  It was, therefore, decided that the Precept for the year 2009/2010 will be £1,320.

Proposed:   Cllr. M. Turnbull

Seconded:  Cllr. J. F. Robinson

Vote:  carried unanimously

 

Parish Plan - Ratification

A draft of the Parish Plan has been circulated amongst Councillors.  There is still some work to be done to improve the graphs and photographs, but the text and the proposed action plans are complete.  Once it has been ratified by the Parish Council it will go to the printers and the final document will be delivered to every household in Skeffling, hopefully, by the end of the year.  In some Councils their Steering Group has been kept intact to help their Parish Council to oversee the action plans into the future.  If this is acceptable to the Skeffling Parish Council the Steering Group will write to Awards for All to ask if they can keep any left over money for future use. The idea is to keep the Parish Council up to date on progress by placing the item on the Agenda every 3 months. Cllr. P. Payne asked that the Parish Council ratify the Parish Plan.

Proposed:   Cllr. J. F. Robinson

Seconded:  Cllr. M. Turnbull

Vote:  carried unanimously

 

Village Green

A few months ago the Council agreed that the gate be removed and replaced by fencing.  This was done to prevent any misconception that the gate was public access.  The cost of the gate was £70.  When this was removed Cllr. M. Turnbull offered to buy the gate from the Parish Council.  Cllr. J. F. Robinson proposed that the Council give Cllr. M. Turnbull the gate in lieu of the tremendous amount of work he has done voluntarily.

Seconded:  Cllr. S. Rollinson

Vote:  carried unanimously

 

Cllr. M. Turnbull accepted the gift.  Under the Code of Conduct this will be registered as a gift, the value of which is approximately £45.

 

Major Acre

Legal advice has been sought from the Open Spaces Society.  They have advised the  Council that  Mr. Major  is  in  breach  of  the  Agreement he signed in 1983.

Cllr. M. Turnbull read out the Agreement so that all Councillors were aware of the contents.  The Open Spaces Society went on to say that if the matter does go to court any costs and legal fees will have to be precepted for and thereby paid for by all the parishioners of the village.  It would be better to write to Mr. Major giving him 28 days Notice to Quit and returning his cheque.

Cllr. M. Turnbull proposed that, as this is the third time Mr. Major has reneged on the Agreement, we deal with the matter now and give Mr Major 28 days Notice to Quit as he is in breach of the Agreement.  The cheque to be returned with the letter as it is not for rent and arrears.  Also it is proposed to fence the Village Green so any perceived access no longer exists.

Seconded:  Cllr. J. Sizer

Vote:  carried unanimously

 

It was  agreed  the  letter  be  sent  Recorded  Delivery  in  the  first instance.  If Mr. Major does not accept and sign for the letter it will be delivered by hand by two independent people as proof of delivery.

The Council were also advised that any removal of the Village Green fence is a criminal offence and will be dealt with accordingly.

Cllr. M. Turnbull will write an appropriate letter to be agreed with other Councillors.

 

Flood Defences

The Environment Agency have been to the sluice gate today.  They have done some work, but this is still not complete.  Cllr. M. Turnbull will ring Andrew Baron to chase him about completion of the work.

 

Flood Meeting

It  was announced  that  the top  agencies  are  hoping to get £40 million funding.

This will not be sufficient to cover all the work needed.  Various agencies will be incorporated with Coastal Strategy to try and attract further funding.

 

Correspondence

Most of the correspondence was for information only and put in the folder for circulation among Councillors.

 

The meeting closed at 8.55pm.

 

Date of next meeting:  2nd December 2008

Top.