Do you have an opinion on what has been reported here. If so add your voice to what is happening in our Community.

Read more...

Skeffling Community Website. Parish Council. Parish Plan. Agenda & Minutes. Documents. Councillors. History.

Why not share this page

with your friends

 

 

| More

Skeffling Parish Council

Agenda

 

For meeting to be held on 2nd November 2004

 

 1.   Minutes of meetings held on 5th October 2004

 2.   Matters arising

 3.   Declaration of Interest  -  The Parish Councils (Model Code of Conduct) order 2001.  To record any declarations of interest by any Member in respect of items on this agenda.

 4.   Annual Audit Fee

 5.   Yorkshire Water/Land Registry

 6.   Set Back

 7.   Bonfire Night

 8.   Correspondence

 9.   Any Other Business

10.  Public Speaking

 

Skeffling Parish Council

Minutes

 

Minutes of Meeting held on 2nd November 2004

 

Those present:  Cllr. M. Turnbull Chairman

Cllr. J. F. Robinson Vice-Chairman

Cllr. P. Payne

Cllr. L. Payne

Cllr. J. Sizer

 

Apologies:        Cllr. S. Rollinson, Cllr. R. Newsam

 

Members of the Public:  2

 

Minutes of meeting held on 5th October 2004

 

The minutes were accepted as an accurate account.

Proposed:   Cllr. P. Payne

Seconded:  Cllr. J. Sizer

Vote:  carried unanimously

 

Matters Arising

Re-Cycling Bins

A cheque for £45.60 has been received for the recycling of paper and glass for the period April to June 2004.  Cllr. J. F. Robinson has contacted the recycling department to enquire about the possibility of recycling aluminium.  If we do qualify for this scheme it will not be until the new year.

 

2 Fair View, Skeffling

Planning permission for the development of this site has been refused.

 

Local Development Framework

Cllr. J. F. Robinson and R. Newsam attended the meeting in Hornsea.  The meeting was regarding the up dating of planning laws.  We will be contacted for feed-back in due course.  There is a time limit on producing the reports, so a quick response will be appreciated.  There will be further meetings.  These will include new housing development sites.

 

Jackson's 'laptops'

The clerk has written to Jackson's asking to be considered for one of the laptops. No response has yet been received.

 

Declaration of Interest

There were no declarations of interest

 

Annual Audit Fee

An Invoice for £141 has been received from the Audit Commission being the Audit fee for 2003/2004.  The clerk has written to Ms. Julie Talbot the Audit Manager querying this amount, as it is almost three times previous fees.  No response has yet been received.

 

Yorkshire Water

We  are  waiting  for  a  quote  from  Mick  Wilkin  to  clean  the  dykes.    When  this is received

Cllr. M. Turnbull will contact Trevor Smith of Yorkshire Water to arrange for the work to be done. The Land Registry made a mistake when registering Poor Green as Parish Land.  They had not marked the Parish Land boundary accurately. Cllr. J. F. Robinson has now had this omission rectified, and we are waiting for the final paperwork.

 

Set Back

Cllr. J. F. Robinson  has  contacted  Paull  Parish  Council.   He was advised to speak to Mr. Hume.  An informal meeting will be arranged by the secretary who will contact us with the details.

 

Bonfire Night

Everything has been arranged.  A donation box will be available at the Village Hall. The bonfire will be sited at the Village Hall, and the fireworks let off in Mr. Meadley's field.

 

Correspondence

The Precept will be set at the December meeting.

 

ERNLLCA

A Training Seminar on 'Meetings Procedure' is to take place at Thorngumbald Village Hall on Wednesday, 1 December 2004 at a cost of £15 per person.  This seminar is open to councillors and clerks.  It was agreed that Cllr. M. Turnbull and the Clerk, Mrs. Toni Cornford attend.  A cheque was raised in the sum of £30. Proposed:   Cllr M. Turnbull

Seconded:  Cllr. P. Payne

Vote:  carried unanimously

 

Humber and Wolds Rural Community Council

A letter and questionnaire was received titled Leader+.  This is a project inviting organisations to apply for EU grants to develop heritage/history and environment projects.  It was agreed that Cllrs. M. Turnbull and J. F. Robinson liaise on this with a view to finding out more, and possibly applying for a grant to restore various local historical sites.

 

The meeting closed at 8.55 p.m.

 

Date of next meeting:  7th December 2004

Top.