Do you have an opinion on what has been reported here. If so add your voice to what is happening in our Community.

Read more...

Skeffling Community Website. Parish Council. Parish Plan. Agenda & Minutes. Documents. Councillors. History.

Why not share this page

with your friends

 

 

| More

Skeffling Parish Council

Agenda

 

For meeting to be held on 13th May 2008

 

 1.   Minutes of meetings held on 1st April 2008

 2.   Matters arising

 3.   Declaration of Interest  -  The Parish Councils (Model Code of Conduct) order 2001.  To record any declarations of interest by any Member in respect of items on this agenda.

 4.   Annual Audit

 5.   Finances - Year 2007/2008

 6.   Parish Plan

 7.   Grant - Village Hall Exterior

 8.   Skeffling Website

 9.   Correspondence

10.   Public Speaking

 

Skeffling Parish Council

Minutes

 

Minutes of Meeting held on 13th May 2008

 

Those present:  Cllr. M. Turnbull, Chairman

Cllr. L. Payne, Vice-Chairman

Cllr. P. Payne

Cllr. S. Rollinson

Cllr. R. Newsam

Cllr. J. Sizer

Cllr. J. F. Robinson

 

Members of the public:  2

 

Minutes of meeting held on 1st April 2008

 

The minutes were accepted as accurate.

Proposed:   Cllr. S. Rollinson

Seconded:  Cllr. P. Payne

Vote: carried unanimously

 

Matters Arising

Yorkshire Water

Yorkshire Water has completed work on the manhole, and the 30" pipes have been connected.

 

Out Newton Road

A meeting was held with the residents of Out Newton Road.  There was a fairly poor response to the meeting.  Cllr. M. Turnbull is to contact Mike Ball of East Riding Council to try and get some basic figures on how much the sewage work will cost.

 

Area Forum

Cllr. P. Payne was not informed of the closure of the Forum.

 

Traffic Speeding

Cllr. R. Newsam has been in contact with Phil Hiscott on this matter.  He said that Skeffling have been approved a speed reactive sign.  Unfortunately, it is not a priority and we will be at the bottom of the list.  Cllr. R. Newsam will speak to him again and see if he can be pressured by our trying to find funding from elsewhere. If alternative funding can be sourced we will take action to find the necessary funding.  This matter will be left with Cllr. R. Newsam.  If we are successful in getting funding for the speed reactive sign from the local development fund we will then approach East Riding of Yorkshire Council to maintain the sign.

 

Zurich Insurance

It was queried with Zurich whether their invoice for this year's premium was a combined premium. Last year the wind turbine was added to the Council's insurance and paid for separately.  Zurich confirmed this was now an inclusive policy to cover the Village Hall and the wind turbine.

 

Environment Agency

The Environment Agency's proposals for this area is to do nothing regarding flood defences whatsoever.  They say that in the next 10 to 40 years this whole area will flood.  Regeneration meetings and future meetings with other parishes and Agencies will gather support to try and change the Government's view not to maintain flood defences in the area.  This is an ongoing problem and will be kept up dated when necessary.  This item to be on the Agenda at each meeting.

 

Declaration of Interest

There were no declarations of interest.

 

Annual Audit

The figures for the year 2007/2008 were put before the Council and discussed in full. They were accepted as being an accurate account of the Council financial transactions for that year.

Proposed:   Cllr. M. Turnbull

Seconded:  Cllr. P. Payne

Vote:  carried unanimously

 

Finances

Expenses incurred by Mrs. Cornford on behalf of the Council for the previous year amounted to £73.  The Council raised a cheque in the sum of £193 to cover these expenses and her salary of £120.

Proposed:   Cllr. M. Turnbull

Seconded:  Cllr. S. Rollinson

Vote:  carried unanimously

 

Parish Plan

The draft of the questionnaire has now been completed.  Gaz Watts is working on the front page and Susan Allen is working on the introduction.  Cllr. P. Payne, Cllr. R. Newsam and Gaz Watts will have a meeting to finalise the questionnaire and thrash out any last minute details.  This will then go to the printer for the final proof.  There will be a prize of £50.  The Parish Plan is moving quickly and it is hoped the questionnaire will be delivered to every house at the beginning of June.

 

Grant - Village Hall Exterior

Last year Cllr. P. Payne applied for a grant for the exterior work to the Village Hall. He was complimented on the presentation but because he did not attend a training course allied to the grant, it was denied.  There is a training course on the 30th May this year, which he has arranged to attend.  This will make the Council eligible to apply for the grant.  This must be presented by the 2nd June to be discussed at a meeting on the 4th June to decide the recipients of grants.  If we are successful the work must be completed by 30th July.  The work needed and materials necessary will be discussed at the weekend and firm plans made on the exterior of the Village Hall.

 

Skeffling Website

This item is still pending.

 

Correspondence

All the correspondence was for information only, and put in the folder for circulation among councillors.

 

Planning Application (08/01778/PLF)

A planning application has been received for the erection of a wind turbine at Ings Lodge by Mr and Mrs. S. Allen.   After  a  full discussion the Council commended Mr and Mrs. Allen on their plans but were worried about the noise levels of the wind turbine.  Cllr. M. Turnbull will speak to Mr and Mrs Allen regarding the noise levels before a decision can be made.  It is possible that a different type of wind turbine would be more appropriate and reduce the noise level.

 

Public Speaking

Mrs Meadley is considering erecting a wind turbine and was interested in the Council's view regarding noise levels.  She said that the Council's decision on the wind turbine at Ings Lodge would cause a president in the village.

 

Mrs Dosdale was pleased to hear that the pipe work had been completed, and hoped this would now  rectify  the  problem of problems with excessive rainfall.  Cllr. S. Rollinson replied that from recent news reports it seemed Skeffling was the only place in the country to have taken quick and necessary action to rectify the problems which occurred last June.  This included Hull.

 

Mrs Dosdale also asked when the accounts could be viewed by the public.  Cllr. M. Turnbull said they could be seen at any time, and that the approved accounts by the Audit Commission were usually returned for inspection by the public sometime in August.

 

The meeting closed at 9 pm

 

Date of next meeting:   3rd June 2008

 

Top.