Do you have an opinion on what has been reported here. If so add your voice to what is happening in our Community.

Read more...

Skeffling Community Website. Parish Council. Parish Plan. Agenda & Minutes. Documents. Councillors. History.

Why not share this page

with your friends

 

 

| More

Skeffling Parish Council

Agenda

 

For meeting to be held on 7th May 2002

 

 1.   Minutes of meetings held on 2nd April 2002

 2.   Matters arising

 3.   Declaration of Interest  -  The Parish Councils (Model Code of Conduct) order 2001.  To record any declarations of interest by any Member in respect of items on this agenda.

 4.   Annual Audit

 5.   ERNLLCA - Annual Membership Subscription

 6.   Litter Bins

 7.   Speed Limit Signs

 8.   Yorkshire Water - Proposed Waste Water Treatment Plant

 9.   Correspondence

10.  Any Other Business

 

Skeffling Parish Council

Minutes

 

Minutes of Meeting held on 7th May 2002

 

Those present:  Cllr. M. Turnbull Chairman

Cllr. M. Hall Vice Chairman

Cllr. R. Newsam

Cllr. S. Rollinson

Cllr. P. Payne

Cllr. J. F. Robinson

 

Members of the Public:  1

 

Minutes of meeting held on 2nd April 2002

 

The minutes of the meeting were agreed as being an accurate account.

Proposed:   Cllr. M. Hall

Seconded:  Cllr. S. Rollinson

Vote: Carried unanimously

 

Matters Arising

Cllr. P. Payne   has   arranged   for   the   Manorial   Deed   to   be   re   printed.     In   addition,

Cllr. J. F. Robinson has an early coloured map of Skeffling dated 1765.  It was suggested the two items be offered for sale together as the field featured in the Manorial Deed is shown on the map.  Cllr. P. Payne will make further enquiries as to the cost of reproducing both items which could then be sold as a Limited Edition.

 

Annual Audit

The Annual Audit will be dealt with by the Chairman and Clerk before the next meeting.  Because of the new rules dealing with the Audit, the cost to the council this year will be £50.

 

ERNLLCA - Annual Membership Subscription

It was agreed to renew the subscription for this year, and a cheque was raised in the sum of £56.38

Proposed:   Cllr. M. Turnbull

Seconded:  Cllr. S. Rollinson

Vote:  Carried unanimously

 

Litter Bins

A letter and brochure has been received from Mr. Karl Jeffs.  Cllr. J. F. Robinson is to liaise with him on the matter and bring the results to the next meeting. Enclosed with the letter from Mr. Jeffs was a map of Skeffling to mark the positioning of the bins.  These will be:  2 at the crossroads, 2 at the river bank, 1 at the Village Hall, 1 at the church.

 

Speed Limit

A  letter  has  been received from Mrs. Paula Danby regarding signs for the village.  It was unanimously agreed that the sign should read: 'Please Drive Carefully'.  In addition dragons teeth markings will be painted on the road at both ends of the village.

 

Yorkshire Water - Proposed Waste Water Treatment Plant

Following a meeting between Cllrs. M. Turnbull and J. F. Robinson with Yorkshire Water a final agreement has been reached.  Outfall number 2 has been accepted by Yorkshire Water. Approximately  seven properties will be connected to the sewer at no cost to the residents. Open dykes are the responsibility of the land owners.  No date has yet been set for the Public Meeting.  There has been an objection to the planning permission by Edward Atkinson of the Environment  Agency  regarding the site.  He feels it is situated too close to Wilberforce Farm. Mr. Steve Dunn of the Planning Department has asked the council for comments regarding this. Cllr. M. Turnbull is to contact Mr. Dunn to ask if the current site of the treatment plant will affect any future planning applications for the immediate area.  If the siting of the plant will have no detrimental affect on future planning applications there would be no objections from the Council.

 

Any Other Business

Cllr. M. Hall has received several complaints about unsightly rubbish being left outside the property of Mrs. M. Graydon.  This is a weekly occurrence and the clerk was instructed to write to Mrs. Graydon to ask that the rubbish be kept inside the boundary of the property until the normal collection day.

 

As the monthly Newsletter, compiled and edited by Mrs. Catherine Beadle, has proved so popular with the village it was proposed that the Council contribute towards the costs of production.

Proposed:   Cllr. M. Turnbull

Seconded:  Cllr. S. Rollinson

Vote:  Carried unanimously

 

Meeting closed at 9.15 p.m.

 

Date of next meeting 4th June 2002

Top.