Do you have an opinion on what has been reported here. If so add your voice to what is happening in our Community.

Read more...

Skeffling Community Website. Parish Council. Parish Plan. Agenda & Minutes. Documents. Councillors. History.

Why not share this page

with your friends

 

 

| More

Skeffling Parish Council

Agenda

 

For meeting to be held on 4th March 2008

 

 1.   Minutes of meetings held on 5th February 2008

 2.   Matters arising

 3.   Declaration of Interest  -  The Parish Councils (Model Code of Conduct) order 2001.  To record any declarations of interest by any Member in respect of items on this agenda.

 4.   Parish Plan

 5.   Skeffling Website

 6.   Correspondence

 7.   Public Speaking

 

Skeffling Parish Council

Minutes

 

Minutes of Meeting held on 4th March 2008

 

Those present:  Cllr. M. Turnbull, Chairman

Cllr. P. Payne, Vice-Chairman

Cllr. L. Payne

Cllr. S. Rollinson

Cllr. R. Newsam

Cllr. J. Sizer

Cllr. J. F. Robinson

 

Members of the public:  3

 

Minutes of meeting held on 5th February 2008

 

The minutes were accepted as accurate.

Proposed:   Cllr. P. Payne

Seconded:  Cllr. R. Newsam

Vote: carried unanimously

 

Matters Arising

Yorkshire Water

A letter has been sent received from East Riding of Yorkshire Council regarding the Flood Relief Grant.  They have given us £7,000 towards the cost.  Cllr. M. Turnbull and Andy McLachlan of Yorkshire Water have, today, located the site for the manhole and, hopefully, work will begin at the end of this week.  In addition, Cllr. M. Turnbull will contact Mick Wilkin of Welwick to order the piping as arranged.

 

Declaration of Interest

Cllr. J. Sizer declared an interest in the Planning Application from Mr. A. Hall, 2 West View, Chapel Lane.

 

Planning Application - 2 West View (08/00695/PLF) (08/02312/PLF)

The plans were inspected by councillors.  None of the immediate neighbours have received a letter of notification from East Riding of Yorkshire Council regarding the proposed plans. There were questions which it was felt needed answering before a decision could be made on the plans. Cllr. M. Turnbull proposed: "… that I ask East Riding of Yorkshire Council for an extension to the deadline of 10 March and make more enquiries about the application".

Seconded:  Cllr. L. Payne

Vote:  carried unanimously

Cllr. J. Sizer did not vote.

 

Dykes/Drains - Out Newton Road

Following an on site meeting at Out Newton Road Cllr. M. Turnbull suggested that everybody living in Out Newton Road meet with the Council to establish what action they wish to take as a group.  Cllr. M. Turnbull proposed:  "…that the Council invite all the residents of Out Newton Road, and those on Main Road who are affected, to a meeting at the Village Hall.  At the meeting they will be told the facts regarding the sewage system and possible solutions, but will have to decide any action themselves.  A letter will be sent to every household inviting them to the meeting.

Seconded:  Cllr. S. Rollinson

Vote:  carried unanimously

The meeting will be held on Tuesday, 8 April at the Village Hall, commencing at 7.30pm.

The Council feel it is their duty to hold the meeting, but are reluctant as it is feared there could be a backlash.  This problem has been raised in the passed, but a solution has never been agreed.  It was stressed that once a solution is underway there can be no turning back, and this will not be acceptable to everyone affected.

 

Dog Fouling

Areas on the map have now been agreed and forwarded to East Riding of Yorkshire Council. There will be a total ban on all dogs at the children's play area. This will be clearly marked and notices will be displayed showing 'No Dogs Beyond this Point'.  The area around the Village Hall will allow dogs but they must be kept on a lead.

 

Parish Plan

A meeting of the Steering Group was held on 3 March.  The Group have written to local businesses, schools and other agencies.  The format of the questionnaire was discussed.  Before the next meeting the Steering Group will come up with suitable questions pertinent to Skeffling. The aim is to have the Parish Plan completed by the end of 2008.  The questionnaire will be delivered to every household in Skeffling in May 2008.

 

Skeffling Website

Cllr. J. F. Robinson has discussed with East Riding of Yorkshire Council the possibility of Skeffling having it's own website.  East Riding Council will set up the website for us free of charge and advise on it's use and content.  All we have to supply is a domain name which will cost £9 for 2 years.  Cllr. J. F. Robinson and Cllr. J. Sizer will liaise and formulate the look and use of the website.  This will be put on the agenda for April.

 

Correspondence

We have received a reply to the speed restrictions letter written to East Riding of Yorkshire Council.  They will not agree to cameras or camera signs in the village as there have been no accidents  in  the  last  five  years.   This is one of the criteria for having speed cameras on site.

The only help they will give us to restrict speeding through the village is the extra ten 30mph signs.  This is unacceptable as the current signs have not deterred speeding.  Cllr. P. Payne will bring this matter up at the next Area Forum meeting.  A letter will also be written to East Riding Council expressing our dissatisfaction with their decision.

 

The meeting closed at 9.10 pm

 

Date of next meeting:   1st April 2008

Top.