Do you have an opinion on what has been reported here. If so add your voice to what is happening in our Community.

Read more...

Skeffling Community Website. Parish Council. Parish Plan. Agenda & Minutes. Documents. Councillors. History.

Why not share this page

with your friends

 

 

| More

Skeffling Parish Council

Agenda

 

For meeting to be held on 6th March 2007

 

 1.   Minutes of meetings held on 6th February 2007

 2.   Matters arising

 3.   Declaration of Interest  -  The Parish Councils (Model Code of Conduct) order 2001.  To record any declarations of interest by any Member in respect of items on this agenda.

 4.   Out Newton Road - Military Police

 5.   Regeneration Partnership Meeting - Nomination of council representative

 6.   Hospital Closure

 7.   Wind Turbine Launch Party

 8.   Correspondence

 9.   Public Speaking

 

Skeffling Parish Council

Minutes

 

Minutes of Meeting held on 6th March 2007

 

Those present:  Cllr. M. Turnbull, Chairman

Cllr. P. Payne Vice-Chairman

Cllr. R. Newsam

Cllr. L. Payne

Cllr. S. Rollinson

Cllr. J. Sizer

Cllr. J. F. Robinson

 

Members of the public:  1

 

Minutes of meeting held on 6th February 2007

 

The minutes were accepted as an accurate account.

Proposed:   Cllr. M. Turnbull

Seconded:  Cllr. S. Rollinson

Vote: carried unanimously

 

Matters Arising

There were no matters arising.

 

Declaration of Interest

There were no Declarations of Interest.

 

Out Newton Road

A member of the public has complained that the Military Police from Easington are using Out Newton Road frequently and are pulling onto  the grass verge to let passing vehicles through. This activity has churned up the grass verge and resulted in the road becoming muddy and very messy.  As there is no footpath along Out Newton Road pedestrians have no choice but to walk through the mud. Mike Peeke of Highways has been contacted and will inspect the road with a view to creating new passing spaces.

 

Regeneration Partnership Meeting

At the meeting on 21 February at Easington it was decided that two Councillors from each Parish be elected  onto  the  Sub-Committee.   Cllr.  Peter Payne proposed that Cllr. M. Turnbull and Cllr. J. Sizer represent Skeffling Parish Council.

Seconded:  Cllr. S. Rollinson

Vote:  carried unanimously

Meetings of the Sub-Committee will be approximately every six weeks.

 

Hospital Closure

It was decided to hold a Public meeting at the Village Hall on Tuesday, 13 March to discuss possible questions to be asked at the PCT Board meeting at Pocklington on 28 March.  All suggestions and questions from the public will be discussed and a list made to present to the PCT Board if any of our representatives are given the opportunity to speak.  Notices will be placed in the Notice Board and Post Office.  In addition as many villagers as possible will be contacted to make them aware of the meeting.

 

Wind Turbine

The official opening of the Wind Turbine will be on 16 June 2007.  A list has been prepared inviting 32 official notaries.  The media will also be invited.  An opening ceremony will be held in the afternoon to officially mark the Turbine Project.  This will be followed later with an evening celebration for the villagers and the volunteers who helped in the project.  Invitations are in hand for the official delegates.

 

Correspondence

Set Back - Welwick Meeting

A letter has been received from Helen Richardson of the Environment Agency updating the Council on the set back scheme.  She has also written to Welwick Parish Council.

 

Yorkshire Wildlife

A letter has been received from Yorkshire Wildlife asking for donations of £15 to site two nest boxes in the area.  After a lengthy discussion it was decided to write back stating the Council's disappointment at the way Yorkshire Wildlife has behaved towards the village since acquiring Tom Hodgson's land.  They have not liaised with us as promised, and have not kept to their agreement with us on the management of the land.

 

Public Speaking

Mrs. Meadley said she was  very disappointed with the repairs to the footpath along Main Road. It was very unsatisfactory.  In places it is uneven and prone to flooding.  There is a similar problem along the footpath to the church.  It is impossible to walk along these pathways without getting wet.  The pathway along Main Road is now too narrow to take a wheelchair.  The top soil which has been put between the path and new kerbing has become waterlogged and the water from the road is draining through to the paths.  Parts of the path on Main Road have not been done properly and is dangerous.  Cllr. J. F. Robinson asked Mrs. Meadley to make a list of the problems.  This to be given to Mike Metcalfe of Highways who  is  responsible  for  supervising the  work.    Cllr.  J. Sizer  agreed  to  contact Mike Metcalfe to discuss the problems and arrange a meeting to view the sites in question.

 

The meeting closed at 9.05 pm.

 

Date of next meeting:   3rd April 2007

Top.