Do you have an opinion on what has been reported here. If so add your voice to what is happening in our Community.

Read more...

Skeffling Community Website. Parish Council. Parish Plan. Agenda & Minutes. Documents. Councillors. History.

Why not share this page

with your friends

 

 

| More

Skeffling Parish Council

Agenda

 

For meeting to be held on 6th July 2010

 

 1.   Minutes of meetings held on 1st June 2010

 2.   Matters arising

 3.   Declaration of Interest  -  The Parish Councils (Model Code of Conduct) order 2001.  To record any declarations of interest by any Member in respect of items on this agenda.

 4.   Application for Cert of Lawful Development - The Piggeries, Winsetts Road.

(DC/10/01770/CLE/EASTSE)

 5.   Village Hall Lease

 6.   Parish Plan

 7.   Flood Defences

 8.   Correspondence

 9.   Public Speaking

 

Skeffling Parish Council

Minutes

 

Minutes of Meeting held on 6th July 2010

 

Those present:  Cllr. M. Turnbull, Chairman

Cllr. J. F. Robinson, Vice-Chairman

Cllr. S. Rollinson

Cllr. L. Payne

Cllr. R. Newsam

Cllr. J. Sizer

 

Apologies :       Cllr. P. Payne

 

Members of the public:  1

 

Minutes of meeting held on 1st June 2010

 

The minutes were accepted as an accurate record.

Proposed:   Cllr. S. Rollinson

Seconded:  Cllr. R. Newsam

Vote:  carried unanimously

 

Matters Arising

Headwall and Dykes

A letter has been sent to Mike Peeke, Highways Department, thanking him for the work done to the headwall.

 

Winsett's Track

So far there have been no objections to rerouting the track.  Any objections must be in by 8th July.  Cllr. M. Turnbull will continue to follow this up.

 

First Aid Course

There have been a further four applicants for the course.  The clerk will liaise with Chris Brooke and a First Aid Course set in place as soon as possible.

 

Public Speaking

Cllr. J. F. Robinson has checked the pipe which crosses the road between Paradise and the west side of the road and it is not blocked.  The situation will be checked regularly.

 

Declaration of Interest

Cllr. Lynda Payne, Cllr. Mike Turnbull and Cllr. James Robinson declared an interest in the item Village  Hall  Lease.   Cllr. L. Payne  is  the   Chairman   of   the   Village   Hall   Committee,   and

Cllrs. M. Turnbull and J. F. Robinson are co-opted members with a specific interest in the Wind Turbine.

 

Application for Cert of Lawful Development - The Piggeries, Winsett's Road

(DC/10/01770/CLE/EASTSE)

Cllr. M. Turnbull has spoken to the Planning Department about our concerns on this matter.  They said they were not interested in who lives at The Piggeries or their lifestyles, they only needed to know if there have been caravans at the site for 10 years.  When asked if further plans would be brought forward for this site, East Riding of Yorkshire Council are unaware of any proposed plans for the future.  This doesn't mean there will not be any.

 

After researching our records and seeking local knowledge, Cllr. M. Turnbull told the Planning Department we could not be sure if there had been caravans on the site for 10 years.  He said that East Riding of Yorkshire Council held the records for any rates paid by the occupants of the caravans, and these would show if there had been residency at The Piggeries during the past 10 years.

 

Cllr. M. Turnbull will speak to the Planning Department again and send them the relevant paperwork stating we are not sure if there have been two caravans on the site.

 

Village Hall Lease

The Lease has now been signed by both parties.  By virtue of the Trust Deed the Village Hall Management Committee now has charity status.

 

Due to the absence of Cllr. P. Payne there were insufficient members present with voting rights and Cllr. Turnbull proposed the item be placed on the August Agenda.  This will give the Council the opportunity to discuss and vote on whether to make a donation to the Village Hall Committee to help with the legal costs incurred in this matter.  This was agreed unanimously and the item was deferred to the next meeting.

 

Parish Plan

Cllr. M. Turnbull and Cllr. P. Payne attended the regeneration meeting on 22nd June  during which all local Parish Plans were discussed.   They have begun to itemise all major issues in the Parish Plans and will deal with one issue at a time.  It was decided to bring all the parishes together and use the Withernsea and South Holderness Regeneration Group to take ideas forward to East Riding of Yorkshire Council.   This will give East Riding of Yorkshire Council an idea of what the people in the area really want. Discussions will continue at the next regeneration meeting.  Each item will be decided on and taken to the relevant department at East Riding of Yorkshire Council.

 

Flood Defences

A reply to our letter to the Environment Agency has been received from Nicholas Ward.  It confirms his telephone discussion on the matter with Cllr. J. F. Robinson.

 

Correspondence

The only correspondence not dealt with in the Agenda was notice of the Humberside Police Authority Community Forum.  The next meeting to be held at 7pm on 7th July in the Community Room at Withernsea Hospital. This notice has been displayed in the Notice Board and the Post Office for 3 weeks.

 

Public Speaking

Cllr. J. F. Robinson has been approached by a member of the public asking why the Environment Agency is cutting the grass on the river bank at this time of year.  Cllr. J. F. Robinson did not know and has asked for the Council's  approval  to  raise  the  matter  with  the   Environment Agency.

During the discussion it was thought the grass was cut at least a month too early as there are still birds nesting and it has destroyed habitat for moths and other bugs which will be needed by the birds in the near future. It was agreed Cllr. J. F. Robinson takes this forward and contacts the Environment Agency.

 

Meeting closed at 8.30pm

 

Date of next meeting:   3rd August 2010

Top.