Do you have an opinion on what has been reported here. If so add your voice to what is happening in our Community.

Read more...

Skeffling Community Website. Parish Council. Parish Plan. Agenda & Minutes. Documents. Councillors. History.

Why not share this page

with your friends

 

 

| More

Skeffling Parish Council

Agenda

 

For meeting to be held on 6th July 2004

 

 1.   Minutes of meetings held on 1st June 2004

 2.   Matters arising

 3.   Declaration of Interest  -  The Parish Councils (Model Code of Conduct) order 2001.  To record any declarations of interest by any Member in respect of items on this agenda.

 4.   Annual Audit

 5.   Yorkshire Water

 6.   Land Registry

 7.   Playground

 8.   Fencing around Village Hall

 9.   Set Back

10.  Planning Application - 2, Fairview Skeffling

11.  Correspondence

12.  Any Other Business

 

Skeffling Parish Council

Minutes

 

Minutes of Meeting held on 6th July 2004

 

Those present:  Cllr. M. Turnbull Chairman

Cllr. J. F. Robinson Vice-Chairman

Cllr. P. Payne

Cllr. L. Payne

Cllr. J. Sizer

Cllr. S. Rollinson

Cllr. R. Newsam

 

Minutes of meeting held on 1st June 2004

 

The minutes were accepted as an accurate account.

Proposed:   Cllr. J. Sizer

Seconded:  Cllr. S. Rollinson

Vote:  carried unanimously

 

Matters Arising

Re-cycling Bins

It was agreed that the possible siting of the re cycling bins be put in the newsletter and comments asked for.  This item to be put on the next Agenda.

 

Declaration of Interest

Cllr. L. Payne declared an interest in the Village Hall item.

 

Annual Audit

Accounts for the year 2003/2004 were put before the Council for their approval. These were agreed as being accurate.

Proposed:   Cllr. J. F. Robinson

Seconded:  Cllr. M. Turnbull

Vote:  carried unanimously

 

Yorkshire Water

Cllrs. M. Turnbull and J. F. Robinson met with Yorkshire Water to discuss the repairs which are still outstanding.  After a long discussion it was agreed that Yorkshire Water would do most of the work, to the satisfaction of Highways Department, and Highways would do all the road work.

 

Land Registry

The Parish land has now been registered to "The Parish Council of Skeffling".  If the Parish Council ceases to be, the land should be re-registered to the Village of Skeffling. Decisions would then be made through the Chairman of the Village Meeting and a representative of the County Council  to  ensure  that no one person in the village can say what should happen to the land. Mr. Clegg  and  Mr. Cooney  can  now  be  informed  that  the  land  now  belongs  to the Parish.

Cllr. M. Turnbull will ring Mr. Clegg to ask him to proceed with finalising the financial arrangements with Yorkshire Water.  Yorkshire Water have used Parish land until the end March, possibly June. This to be checked.  Under the terms of the agreement with Yorkshire Water a weekly fee for this use is now outstanding.  It was agreed that until all items in the agreement with Yorkshire Water have been dealt with, nothing will be signed.

 

Playground

Cllrs. M. Turnbull and J. F. Robinson have visited a playground to assess the viability of constructing a small children's play area outside the village hall.  Health and Safety Agencies have been contacted to establish what regulations will be needed.  We can manufacture our own equipment, which does not have to comply with EEC regulations.  Health and Safety have said if the equipment is safe we can keep our own maintenance log and carry out our own safety inspections. Health and Safety will give advice on construction.  To comply with insurance requirements we can extend the Public Liability on our current policy.  To build our own equipment the cost does not need to be high and some recycled materials can be used. Manufactured equipment is vastly expensive and is stringently controlled by regulations.  It was discussed at length and decided that the equipment be placed in the car park at the front of the Village Hall.  This project cannot be done before the end of the year as the volunteers will be busy with harvesting.  Also the machinery needed will not be available until after the harvest.  It was agreed that when the playground is in place a risk assessment will be carried out before the monthly Council meeting.  This assessment will include the Village Hall.  The Council will meet during the next few weeks to decide on the type of equipment needed and the work and costs involved.

 

Fencing

It was agreed that a fence be erected around the Village Hall area.  This will consist of recycled materials.  The work will be carried out by volunteers and the cost met by the Council.

 

Set Back

Cllr. M. Turnbull will speak to local farmers to find out if the Environment Agency have notified them of their proposals.  At the Public Meeting in Welwick it seemed that the projects in Welwick and Skeffling are already in hand and will begin before the 10/15 year period we were originally quoted.

 

Planning Application - 2 Fairview, Skeffling

Mrs. Charmain Parsonage gave a verbal objection to the proposed dwelling.  She will be writing to the Planning Department stating her objections.  After viewing the plans, followed by a lengthy discussion, it was agreed there were some problems which need addressing.

 

1. Car parking.   Any cars parked outside the property would cause an obstruction

to access from the lane to the fields.

2. The  property  appears  to  be  very  close  to  the actual lane, and might even

encroach onto the lane.

3. A   portion   of  the  property   appears  to   encroach  onto  land  beyond  the

development limit.

 

These three items caused concern and should be rectified, possibly by moving the property back, away from the lane, thereby leaving unrestricted access to the lane.  It would also be more in keeping with the surrounding area.

 

Cllr. M. Turnbull proposed:  "…that we recommend that if the application is approved, these conditions are imposed".

Seconded:  Cllr. R. Newsam

Vote:  Yes: 5

No: 1

Abstentions: 1

 

Correspondence

A letter has been received regarding Election Charges.  It stated that after due consideration the charges were fair.  It also said that we would be notified prior to any election expenses being charged in the future so that these could be precepted for.

 

Any Other Business

Cllr. S. Rollinson reported that on 5th July Darren Graydon was seen chopping up the fence surrounding the property at 6 Burstall Villas.  He was also chopping at the soil outside the property on the Council verge.

 

Cllr. Lynda Payne asked that the Village Hall flooring be placed on the next Agenda with a view to making a decision on the new flooring.

 

Meeting closed at 10.30 p.m.

 

Date of next meeting:  3rd August 2004

Top.