Do you have an opinion on what has been reported here. If so add your voice to what is happening in our Community.

Read more...

Skeffling Community Website. Parish Council. Parish Plan. Agenda & Minutes. Documents. Councillors. History.

Why not share this page

with your friends

 

 

| More

Skeffling Parish Council

Agenda

 

For meeting to be held on 5th January 2010

 

 1.   Minutes of meetings held on 1st December 2009

 2.   Matters arising

 3.   Declaration of Interest  -  The Parish Councils (Model Code of Conduct) order 2001.  To record any declarations of interest by any Member in respect of items on this agenda.

 4.   Regeneration Tree Plantation

 5.   Emergency Planning

 6.   Parish Plan

 7.   See Saw Plans

 8.   Flood Defences

 9.   Correspondence

10.   Planning Application  -  Annexe to Sun House, Skeffling

11.   Public Speaking

 

Skeffling Parish Council

Minutes

  

Minutes of Meeting held on 5th January 2010

 

Those present:  Cllr. M. Turnbull, Chairman

Cllr. S. Rollinson, Vice-Chairman

Cllr. R. Newsam

Cllr. P. Payne

Cllr. L. Payne

 

Apologies:         Cllr. J. F. Robinson would be late for the meeting.

 

Members of the public:  2

 

Minutes of meeting held on 1st December 2009

 

Amendments:  Cllr. R. Newsam should have declared an interest in the item on Wind Turbines.

With this addition the minutes were accepted as accurate.

Proposed:   Cllr. M. Turnbull

Seconded:  Cllr. S. Rollinson

Vote: carried unanimously

 

Matters Arising

Parking Outside Village Hall

At the Village Hall Committee meeting in January this matter will be discussed.  The committee will go through their booking form and add parking restrictions.

 

Streetscene

The gulley was repaired but has collapsed again due to the weight of lorries.  Cllr. J. F. Robinson will follow this up.   Cllr. M. Turnbull  has spoken to Malcolm Jackson, Planning Department, about

Mr. Houghton's planning application.   As there were anomalies in the document it was felt the application should be resubmitted correctly.  An email was sent to Malcolm Jackson to confirm this.

 

Declaration of Interest

Cllr. M. Turnbull declared an interest in Item 10 on the Agenda regarding the Planning Application for Sun House.

 

Regeneration Tree Plantation

Withernsea have accessed £49,000 to go forward with the project and buy land. The full cost of the project will be £250,000 but they cannot have the full amount until they show intent.  The Regeneration team need to know that Skeffling will provide one member to act as a Trustee of the Committee of the Woodland Area. Withernsea will be responsible for all the administration work and about nine parishes will be involved.  It is proposed to buy a 15 acre block of woodland. Access roads, pathways, and any drainage will have to be maintained.  There will be an educational programme attached to the project and will rely on volunteers for the work.

Cllr. R. Newsam said that in principle it is a good idea but we must be wary about the financial aspect.

Cllr. M. Turnbull proposed that we write to Phill Milnes agreeing to the proposal up to now, and that we will be happy to support the scheme in principle.

Seconded:  Cllr. S. Rollinson

Vote:  carried unanimously

 

Emergency Planning

A lot of Parish Councils have established an Emergency Plan.  This is an East Riding of Yorkshire Council initiative.  They are looking for local volunteers to be trained in First Aid and the use of a defibrillator machine to act as First Responder.  They also want to compile who in the village has certain items of equipment.  East Riding of Yorkshire Council have now asked for a firm list of contacts with telephone numbers of those involved with the Emergency Plan and what equipment they have for use.  All this information will be confidential and held by the Emergency Planning Committee.

Developing an Emergency Plan was included in the Parish Plan and 48 people said they would like an Emergency Team in the village.  This should be taken further and discussed at the next meeting of the Parish Plan Steering Group.

 

Cllr. J. F. Robinson arrived at the meeting at 8.10pm.

 

Parish Plan

Cllr. P. Payne has spoken to all members of the Steering Group and they have all, with the exception of Sue Allen, agreed to a meeting and taking the plans forward.  Sue Allen's place will be taken by Chris Brooke who has agreed to join the Steering Group.

There are various items which need urgent attention.  Mr. Chudley, Highways and Byways officer of East Riding of Yorkshire Council will be contacted.  Footpaths need to be discussed.  A map should be produced outlining all the paths in the area which can be legally walked.

There may be funding available for the car park in the spring.  This will be looked into. Improvements to the entrances of the village should also be discussed.

Cllr. P. Payne will arrange a meeting of the Steering Group during the next few weeks to prioritise items to be taken forward.  A report of this meeting will be brought to the February meeting of the Council.

 

See Saw Plans

It was decided that the Parish Plan Steering Group look into this.  This item will be brought forward to the February meeting after it has been discussed at the Parish Plan Steering Group meeting.

 

Flood Defences

The sluice gates are regularly checked by Cllr. M. Turnbull.  They were last checked by East Riding of Yorkshire Council in December, but not in November.  This should be done by Environment Agency as per Andrew Baron's letter of 15th May 2009. In it he said the sluice gates will be checked weekly.  "With regard to the sluice gate, I am informed that this is inspected and operated weekly, by the staff of the Operations Delivery team and greased if necessary. They have also been asked to observe the silt deposits in front of the penstock and report when this needs to be removed.  The silt will then be removed by water jetting. Additionally, we have a contract with the outside contractor (AMCO) for the penstock to be inspected every three months."  This letter containing this information will be attached to these minutes and filed in the hard copy file.

 

Correspondence

All correspondence was for information only and put into the folder.

 

Cllr. M. Turnbull left the meeting at 8.50pm in accordance with his Declaration of Interest in the next item.

 

Planning Application - Annexe to Sun House, Skeffling (09/01999/OUT)

A letter has been received from Alan Menzies in response to our questions regarding  the  above planning  application.  After a long discussion it was agreed Mr Menzies' comments were not satisfactory and a further letter be written in an effort to clarify the situation.

 

Public Speaking

There was no public speaking.

 

Meeting closed at 9.20pm

 

Date of next meeting:   2nd February 2010

Top.