Do you have an opinion on what has been reported here. If so add your voice to what is happening in our Community.

Read more...

Skeffling Community Website. Parish Council. Parish Plan. Agenda & Minutes. Documents. Councillors. History.

Why not share this page

with your friends

 

 

| More

Skeffling Parish Council

Agenda

 

For meeting to be held on 6th January 2009

 

 1.   Minutes of meetings held on 2nd December 2008

 2.   Matters arising

 3.   Declaration of Interest  -  The Parish Councils (Model Code of Conduct) order 2001.  To record any declarations of interest by any Member in respect of items on this agenda.

 4.   Parish Plan

 5.   Flood Defences

 6.   Correspondence

 7.   Public Speaking

 

Skeffling Parish Council

Minutes

 

Minutes of Meeting held on 5th January 2010

 

Those present:  Cllr. M. Turnbull, Chairman

Cllr. L. Payne, Vice-Chairman

Cllr. P. Payne

Cllr. R. Newsam

Cllr. J. Sizer

Cllr. S. Rollinson

 

Apologies:         Cllr. J. F. Robinson.

 

Members of the public:  2

 

Minutes of meeting held on 2nd December 2008

The minutes were accepted as accurate.

Proposed:   Cllr. M. Turnbull

Seconded:  Cllr. J. Sizer

Vote: carried unanimously

 

Matters Arising

Dykes and Drains

The pipe work has been laid across the road from The Elms to take the water away from the dyke which has been causing the problems.  There is still some finishing off work to be done.

 

Major Acre

Mr. Major was sent a letter giving him 28 days notice to quit.  He did not respond and the area in question was fenced  This fencing was removed and the police informed of the situation.  They visited Mr. Major who was told it was a criminal offence to remove fencing from Council land.  If the fencing was removed again Mr. Major would be arrested.

 

Street Light

The problem with NPower is becoming more complicated.  Their threat of legal action for non payment of invoices has been put on hold while the matter is sorted out.  Cllr. M. Turnbull will continue to deal with it.

 

Declaration of Interest

There were no declaration of interests.

 

Parish Plan

The Parish Plan is at the printers.  The amount of copies has been reduced from 150 to 120.  A letter was sent to Awards for All asking for a few weeks extension to the deadline.  This was granted and the deadline extended to 28th January. Once the printed Parish Plan has been received and distributed to householders and relevant authorities the final paperwork can be sent to Awards For All.

 

Flood Defences

Cllr. M. Turnbull and Cllr. J. F. Robinson met with Rachel Walker of Yorkshire Water to discuss the problems at the filtration plant.  This meeting also included the damage to hedging and landscaping caused by Yorkshire Water.  She agreed all our complaints needed attention and promised the work would be done.

Ms. Walker appeared very positive and has made a priority list of work Yorkshire Water will do. She also appears to have the authority to get the work done.

 

Cllr. M. Turnbull will ring Andrew Baron regarding the sluice gate. He will press him for a written plan of their maintenance schedule.  The work to the sluice gate was finished on 12th November and should have been checked a month later.  So far this has not been done.

 

Correspondence

Most of the correspondence was for information only and put in the folder for circulation among Councillors.

 

A Planning Application (08/05072/PLB) has been received for an internal disabled access door at Wilberforce Farm.  This is a Grade II Listed Building which is why the application had to be made.

The Council had no objections or comments on this application.

Proposed:   Cllr. S. Rollinson

Seconded:  Cllr. L. Payne

Vote:  carried unanimously

 

An email confirming this will be sent to Malcolm Jackson at the Planning Department.

 

An email has been received notifying the Council of vandalism to the information sign at the Humber Bank.  Kat Sanders has asked if we have any knowledge of who was responsible.

Cllr. Turnbull will respond to this.

 

Public Speaking

Mrs. Meadley asked if the Council could help in raising funds for the survey at the Church. Although the Church has most of the money required there is still a shortfall.  She explained that Hompton and Easington have raised their precept to incorporate a donation to their Churches. The Church also have a problem with grass cutting.  They desperately need volunteers on a regular basis to cut the grass as the Church cannot afford to employ a professional gardener.

 

Cllr. M. Turnbull suggested having a public meeting at which the Vicar can explain the problems the Church is facing.  This will be arranged.

 

The meeting closed at 9pm.

 

Date of next meeting:   3rd February  2009

Top.