Do you have an opinion on what has been reported here. If so add your voice to what is happening in our Community.

Read more...

Skeffling Community Website. Parish Council. Parish Plan. Agenda & Minutes. Documents. Councillors. History.

Why not share this page

with your friends

 

 

| More

Skeffling Parish Council

Agenda

 

For meeting to be held on 3rd February 2009

 

 1.   Minutes of meetings held on 6th January 2009

 2.   Matters arising

 3.   Declaration of Interest  -  The Parish Councils (Model Code of Conduct) order 2001.  To record any declarations of interest by any Member in respect of items on this agenda.

 4.   Proposal by Cllr. J. F. Robinson for a donation to the Open Spaces Society.

 5.   Parish Plan

 6.   Flood Defences

 7.   Correspondence

 8.   Public Speaking

 

Skeffling Parish Council

Minutes

 

Those present:  Cllr. M. Turnbull, Chairman

Cllr. L. Payne, Vice-Chairman

Cllr. P. Payne

Cllr. R. Newsam

Cllr. J. Sizer

Cllr. S. Rollinson

Cllr. J. F. Robinson

 

Members of the public:  2

 

 

Minutes of meeting held on 6th January  2009

The minutes were accepted as accurate.

Proposed:   Cllr. S. Rollinson

Seconded:  Cllr. M. Turnbull

Vote: carried unanimously

 

Matters Arising

Flood Defences

Cllr. J. F. Robinson reported that after the bad weather and heavy rain yesterday, Monday,  2nd February, the new pipe has adequately coped with the excess amount of water.

 

Major Acre

The fence with Mr. Major removed has been put back up.  Mr. Major has been told by the police that it is a criminal offence to remove the fencing.  He has now begun parking his car on the village green in front of the fence.  The Council agreed to notify the police of this and to warn Mr. Major it is an offence to park on Council land.  The Council land will be marked off and a 'no parking' sign be displayed.

 

Street Light

Mr. Meadley has agreed to the Council putting a metre into his electric supply and to pay him for the lighting used.  It was suggested to pay NPower for the electricity used but not the administration costs.  Cllr. Turnbull will contact NPower regarding the outstanding bills.

 

Environment Agency

Andrew Barron of the Environment Agency has agreed to send us a letter confirming the Service Plan and their intentions regarding the maintenance of the sluice gate.  So far this has not been received.  The Environment Agency have put facilities in place to be able to plug into the generator to run the pumping station by generated electricity.  The Council would like confirmation in writing on this as well.  A letter to be written to Mr. Baron asking for confirmation of the above three points.

 

Declaration of Interest

There were no declaration of interests.

 

Proposal by Cllr. J. F. Robinson for a donation to Open Spaces

Cllr. J. F. Robinson proposed that a donation be made by the Council to the Open Spaces Society  for  the  advice  they  gave  us  regarding  the Village Green and Mr. Major's access. They gave the advice free of charge and Cllr. J. F. Robinson felt it would be a small gesture of thanks on our behalf.  The Open Spaces Society rely on donations to fund any legal fees to help others.

Cllr. J. F. Robinson proposed we donate £50.

Seconded:  Cllr. S. Rollinson

Vote:  carried unanimously

 

Parish Plan

The Parish Plan has now been delivered to every household in Skeffling.  If anyone would like a spare copy there are some available.  Copies of the Questionnaire and the Parish Plan, with the required paperwork, have been sent to Awards for All. Copies have also been sent to neighbouring parishes and agencies who replied to the initial letter.  Karen Wood was sent 4 copies to distribute to the relevant departments at East Riding Council.

 

The project has now been completed.  The Parish Plan will be put on the Council agenda every 3 months for any updates.  The Steering Group will meet occasionally and any 'actions'  they feel can be taken forward will be brought to the Council for discussion.

 

Flood Defences

Cllr. M. Turnbull has attended several meetings regarding flood defences.  The last meeting established a working group to monitor for low points and weaknesses in the river bank. Information from this will be used to stress to the Environment Agency the need for maintaining the area.

Every effort is being made to involve the Environment Agency in maintenance. Any issues need to be dealt with annually and the necessary funds budgeted for.

 

Out Newton Road

Cllr. J. F. Robinson has spoken to Mike Peeke of Highways Department regarding the bad state of Out Newton Road.  Mr. Peeke will refer back to his paperwork on our previous complaints and investigate the problems before approaching Langeled with our concerns.

 

Correspondence

Most of the correspondence was for information only and put in the folder for circulation among Councillors.

 

The meeting closed at 8.35pm.

 

Date of next meeting:   3rd March  2009

Top.