Do you have an opinion on what has been reported here. If so add your voice to what is happening in our Community.

Read more...

Skeffling Community Website. Parish Council. Parish Plan. Agenda & Minutes. Documents. Councillors. History.

Why not share this page

with your friends

 

 

| More

Skeffling Parish Council

Agenda

 

For meeting to be held on 3rd August 2004

 

 1.   Minutes of meetings held on 6th July 2004

 2.   Matters arising

 3.   Declaration of Interest  -  The Parish Councils (Model Code of Conduct) order 2001.  To record any declarations of interest by any Member in respect of items on this agenda.

 4.   Re-cycling Bins

 5.   Village Hall Flooring

 6.   Set Back

 7.   Correspondence

 8.   Any Other Business

 

Skeffling Parish Council

Minutes

 

Minutes of Meeting held on 3rd August 2004

 

Those present:  Cllr. J. F. Robinson Vice-Chairman

Cllr. P. Payne

Cllr. L. Payne

Cllr. S. Rollinson

Cllr. R. Newsam

 

Apologies:        Cllr. M. Turnbull, Cllr. J. Sizer

 

Minutes of meeting held on 6th July 2004

 

The minutes were accepted as an accurate account.

Proposed:   Cllr. Robinson

Seconded:  Cllr. Newsam

Vote:  carried unanimously

 

Matters Arising

Yorkshire Water

Cllr. J. F. Robinson will ring Yorkshire Water to ask when we can expect the letter confirming the work to be done.  The Clerk is to contact Mr. Cooney of Lockings for a letter confirming the current status of the legal side of the sale.

 

Election Expenses

A form has been received from ERNLLCA regarding election expenses.  Other councils have complained of the charges and this matter will be discussed at the September ERNLLCA meeting. The form was filled in.

 

Declaration of Interest

Cllr. L. Payne declared an interest in the Village Hall item.

 

Re-cycling Bins

As no comments on the siting of the re-cycling bins were received, it was decided to leave the matter for the time being.

 

Village Hall Flooring

Cllr. R. Newsam has measured the discrepancy in the level of the flooring.  It is uneven and will have to be levelled before laying the flooring.  Cllr. L. Payne to get a quote for the materials and labour.

 

Set Back

Cllr. J. F. Robinson  has phoned Graham Wilson, who is now the operations manager for ABP. They intend to start the Set Back work in Skeffling in 5 years.  He has contacted local farmers to negotiate the sale of the land needed.  If they object to selling, the land will be compulsorily purchased.   Phillip Wynn suggested Councillors go to Paull to see what has been done there. Cllr. J. F. Robinson will contact Paull Parish Council to arrange a meeting to discuss the ideas they put forward.  It was also suggested photographs be taken of the area allocated for Set Back, together with wildlife habitat.  This would help with negotiations regarding Set Back and provide historical documents.

 

Correspondence

The Insurance Documents for the Village Hall have been received.  The renewal date is 21 May 2005.

 

Any Other Business

Cllr. S. Rollinson reported that the tenants of 3 Burstall Villas have left the property. The Housing Department have confirmed the premises are currently unoccupied.

 

Cllr. P. Payne has been approached by Mr. Alec Beadle regarding the flagstone which are still on his property.  It was agreed that the Council did want the flagstones and arrangements would be made to move them as soon as possible. These will be used as a pathway outside the Village Hall.

 

Meeting closed at 9 p.m.

 

Date of next meeting:  7th September 2004

Top.