Do you have an opinion on what has been reported here. If so add your voice to what is happening in our Community.

Read more...

Skeffling Community Website. Parish Council. Parish Plan. Agenda & Minutes. Documents. Councillors. History.

Why not share this page

with your friends

 

 

| More

Skeffling Parish Council

Agenda

 

For meeting to be held on 6th April 2004

 

 1.   Minutes of meetings held on 2nd March 2004

 2.   Matters arising

 3.   Declaration of Interest  -  The Parish Councils (Model Code of Conduct) order 2001.  To record any declarations of interest by any Member in respect of items on this agenda.

 4.   Finances

 5.   Non Contested Election Expenses

 6.   Skeffling village Hall Grant Application

 7.   ERNLLCA - Subscription

 8.   Major Acres

 9.   Street Lighting Programme

10.  Rural Broadband

11.  Minutes Book

12.  Humber Estuary European Marine Site Management Scheme

13.  Correspondence

14.  Any Other Business

 

Skeffling Parish Council

Minutes

 

Minutes of Meeting held on 6th April 2004

 

Those present:  Cllr. M. Turnbull Chairman

Cllr. S. Rollinson Vice-Chairman

Cllr. J. F. Robinson

Cllr. P. Payne

Cllr. L. Payne

Cllr. J. Sizer

 

Apologies:        Cllr. R. Newsam

 

Members of the public:  2

 

Minutes of meeting held on 2nd March 2004

 

The minutes were accepted as an accurate account except for the item Streetscene.  Fleet House should read Sun Fleet

Proposed:   Cllr. J. F. Robinson

Seconded:  Cllr. P. Payne

Vote:  carried unanimously

 

Matters Arising

The decision on Set Back information to be discussed at the next meeting.

 

Declaration of Interest

Cllr. L. Payne declared an interest in the Village Hall.

 

Finances

The figures for the year 2003/2004 were put before the Council.  There will be an additional charge to the Village Hall costs for diesel and grass seed.  The receipts for these items will be presented at the next meeting and a cheque issued.

 

Non-Contested Election Expenses

It was agreed that the payment be made at the next meeting, after the precept has been received.  It should also be mentioned that in future ERYC be asked to present any bills prior to the annual precept being set, usually in December.  This item to be put on the next Agenda.

 

(Cllr. R. Newsam arrived at the meeting)

 

Skeffling Village Hall

The work has now been completed and the final inspection by Phill Milnes has been made and approved.  The final payment of £3,583.65 has been received.  A letter with a rough quote for insurance on the Village Hall has been received from Mr. Babbington of the Insurance Partnership. This was in the sum of £420 which did not include contents or give details of the actual cover, e.g. fire.  It was agreed that further quotes be requested for comparison.  It was agreed that the Council meet with the Village Hall Committee to discuss the question of insurance.

Cllr. L. Payne agreed to take the matter forward and make the necessary enquiries.  There was a discussion  about  the  flooring  in the Village Hall.  It was suggested that this be looked into. Cllr. L. Payne agreed to deal with this.

 

ERNLLCA

The subscription for the year is £82.84  Cllr. J. F. Robinson proposed that we do not pay this for the reason stated at the last meeting.

Seconded:  Cllr. M. Turnbull

Vote: carried unanimously

 

The clerk was instructed to send a letter to Alan Barker to say we will not be renewing our subscription.  Cllrs. S. Rollinson and R. Newsam will attend the next meeting on 13 April at Hornsea and will raise the matter there.

 

(Cllr. L. Payne left the meeting)

 

Major Acres

Mr. Major is currently paying the Council £1 per annum, a peppercorn rent which allows him access across Parish land.  It was agreed that the Council may wish to use this land, and it was suggested that Mr. Major be given a one year notice to quit.  It was agreed that Cllr. M. Turnbull speak to Mr. Major before any action is taken.

 

Street Lighting

A letter has been received from Mike White, Principal Engineer, Highways, offering street lighting in the village.  Funding would be on a 60/40 basis.  A typical cost for 4 columns would be approximately £3,000.  (60/40 - £1,800/£1,200)  It was felt this would be too costly to install and maintain.  It was also felt that there is already a surfeit of light pollution in the area.

 

Broad Band

More information has been received on Broad Band.  Cllrs. J. F. Robinson and J. Sizer will investigate this more fully.

 

Minutes Book

An application form to open an account has been received from Supplies.  When they receive the completed form they will forward a catalogue of products.

 

Humber Estuary European Marine Site Management Scheme

The paperwork received on this item was very sketchy.  Cllr. M. Turnbull will look on their website and report back to the Council.

 

Any Other Business

The gullies outside Stamp House and the top of Church Road need to be emptied as Stamp House is liable to flood.  Cllr. M. Turnbull to organise this.

 

Access to pinfold

Mr. Paul Sanderson has taken out the pole so that a tractor and trailer can get through.

Cllr. M. Turnbull is to speak to Paul Sanderson about this.

 

Village Hall

The village Hall committee would like more work to be done in the hall.  Batons to be put up to hang the curtains.  A wash basin is needed in the walk in cupboard for hand washing, this is to comply with the hygiene regulations.  Hot water to be piped into the toilets.  As the Village Hall belongs to the Council the Village Hall committee would like the permission of the Council to do the work.  The Village Hall committee will pay for the work.

 

Litter Bins

Mr. J. Houghton has made two litter bins for the village.  One to be sited outside the village hall, and the other near the bus stop in Chapel Lane.  The Council thanked Mr. Houghton for his work and congratulated him on his ingenuity in creating the bins from re-cycled materials.  A letter will be written to Mr Houghton to thank him formally.

 

Meeting closed at 9.05 p.m.

 

Date of next meeting:   4th May 2004.  The Annual General Meeting will be held at 7.30 p.m. This will be followed by the monthly Council meeting.

Top.