Do you have an opinion on what has been reported here. If so add your voice to what is happening in our Community.

Read more...

Skeffling Community Website. Parish Council. Parish Plan. Agenda & Minutes. Documents. Councillors. History.

Why not share this page

with your friends

 

 

| More

Skeffling Parish Council

Agenda

 

For meeting to be held on 3rd April 2001

 

 1.   Minutes of meeting held on 6th March 2001

 2.   Matters Arising

 3.   Finance

 4.   Drains: There will be no further action regarding drains and dykes until the foot and mouth restrictions have been lifted.

 5.   Footpaths

 6.   Major Acres:  Proposal from Cllr. M. Turnbull.  "…that an Invoice be raised for the peppercorn rent of £1 per annum from Mr. A. Major in respect of right of access to his property over Council land".

 7.   Bullocks

 8.   Any Other Business

 

Skeffling Parish Council

Minutes

 

Minutes of Meeting held on 3rd April 2001

 

Those present:  Cllr. M. Turnbull Chairman

Cllr. M. Hall Vice Chairman

Cllr. E. D. Denman

Cllr. R. Newsam

Cllr. S. Rollinson

Cllr. P. A. Payne

 

Apologies:        Cllr. J. F. Robinson

 

Also present members of the public:  3

 

Minutes of meeting held on 6th March 2001

 

The minutes of the meeting were read by the Chairman and agreed as being an accurate account.

Proposed:   Cllr. M. Hall

Seconded.  Cllr. R. Newsam

Vote:  Carried unanimously

 

Matters arising

Mrs. Beadle arranged for the electric meter at the Village Hall to be read and has paid the bill of £20.41.   A cheque to be raised to reimburse this amount.

 

Finance

We are still awaiting receipt of the cheque book.

 

Drains

There will be no further action by ERYC until the foot and mouth restrictions have been lifted.  It was agreed that as soon as this is imminent the Council will arrange a meeting to prepare and finalise the grievances to be put to ERYC and YWA.

 

Footpaths

The Clerk was instructed to write to the Highways Department regarding the path at Chapel House, Humber Lane.  The path has sunk and is dangerous.  Further attention is needed on other paths in the village.

 

Major Acres

Cllr. M. Turnbull (Chairman) proposed:  "…that an Invoice be raised for the peppercorn rent of £1 per annum from Mr. A. Major in respect of right of access to his property over Council land".

Seconded:  Cllr. E. D. Denman

Vote:  Carried unanimously

 

Bullocks

MAFF is aware of the problem and all the animals have now been secured.

 

Any Other Business

Authorisation of a cheque for £19.97 was given in respect of Water Rates.

Proposed:   Cllr. M. Turnbull

Seconded:  Cllr. S. Rollinson

Vote:  Carried unanimously

 

A Village Hall site meeting took place on 18 March.  Mrs. Beadle to enter Village Hall in B & Q competition for a grant to improve the property.

 

A complaint has been made regarding the burnt out tractor in the field adjacent to Main Road. Cllr. M. Turnbull to speak to Mr. Meadley regarding it's removal.

 

Cllr. E. D. Denman proposed that he Council join the Association of Parish Councils.  This was seconded by Cllr. S. Rollinson.  Details for the next meeting.

 

Winsett's Track

Cllr. M. Turnbull has been approached by a number of villagers regarding Winsett's Carriageway, which runs from Easington to Skeffling.  He has spoken to the solicitor involved, Patrick Burstall, asking him to bring the investigation up to date. Mr. Connors has erected a building over the carriageway,   thereby   blocking   it.     No  planning  permission  was  sought  for  this  building.

Cllr. M. Turnbull to pursue this matter.

 

The Piggeries

The Rating Officer has been unable to gain access to the Piggeries because of the dogs.  There are three families, who have been in permanent residence for 4 years,  who  are  not on the Electoral  Roll.   The  Clerk was instructed to write to Mr. Colin Hogg of the Planning Department requesting action.

 

Coastal Zone Management

Cllrs. S. Rollinson and M. Hall to attend the meeting on 23rd April.

 

Humberside Police

Cllrs. R. Newsam and M. Hall to represent the Council at the meeting in Withernsea on 1st May.

 

Melvin Douglas Donation

Cllr. M. Turnbull will discuss with Mrs Douglas her wishes on how to best use the donation, and the nature of the landscaping.

 

Public Speaking

Mrs Beadle reported that BP at Dimlington have donated £500 to be used to hardcore the car parking area at the Village Hall.

 

The meeting closed at 8.45 p.m.

 

Date of next meeting:  1st May 2001 at 7.30 p.m.

Top.